As National Mentoring Month comes to an end, we want you to take a moment and think about the people that have mentored you in your lifetime. Maybe they were a traditional match through an organization. Maybe a next door neighbor from your childhood or a coach. Each person that comes to mind is someone that, in one way or another, made a significant impact on your life. National Mentoring Month is the perfect time to contact that person and say thanks.
We know that caring adults help create positive development in the youth they are around. Through quality mentoring relationships, youth will realize the hope, support and acceptance that they need to lead successful adult lives. Mentoring offers benefits like improving self-esteem, keeping kids in school, and preventing risky behaviors.
We appreciate your support during National Mentoring Month. If you think you would like to become a mentor, or know someone that you think would be a great mentor, visit www.mentoromahanow.org to find what program is right for you.
Please read below for continued ways to stay active with the mentoring efforts in Omaha.
5 Ways to Get Involved In Mentoring:
- Mentor a Child: Make a difference in a child’s life, as well as your own. Take the Survey: “Find the Right Program for You”.
- Attend the Annual Mentor Summit Luncheon: On Monday, August 3rd at CenturyLink
- Thank a Mentor by sending a Thank You note to someone that has mentored you and made a difference in your life.
- Sponsor Programs: Whether you donate as an individual or your company supports mentoring, your donations will make a difference!
- Follow MMP on Facebook ,on Twitter MentorOmaha” or “MentorNebraska” and Instagram “MentorOmahaNow” to follow MMP Omaha and stay tuned in for the 2015 Mentor Recruitment Campaign.